Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Greeting, Second Post...

Aloha! This is Jessy! Welcome to my blog and have fun! Here is a primary plan for my little teaching box and some experiences I want to share.

On this blog, I would like to share some useful links, articles, and maybe a few technologies as far as I know. Hopefully, I will also update my reflective posts every two weeks. Some interesting pictures, news, songs and segments of TV series or movies will be shown on it occasionally.

When I was in college, the two main technologies we used were e-portal/blackboard and multimedia system. The blackboard was quite similar to the one we are using now, so I’m kind of familiar with it.

Sample of E-portal/Blackboard


My teachers used the blackboard to distribute notifications, class notes, assignments and etc. They also put some topics on the discussion board. There were some links to different departments, internal systems and other resources. It was really convenient for us to find the useful information.



As to the multimedia system, I found a striking similarity between what Dictionary posted on his blog and what we used in college. Here is the article Mr. Dictionary shared: http://mrdictionary918.blogspot.com/2010/01/hi-tech-high-life.html. We used this system when we were having listening or oral English class. It was extremely helpful, because by switching to different modes, everyone could participate in the activities. And it was also easy for the teachers to control the whole process of teaching.

We are living in a high-tech era. Both teachers and students expect more than the boring traditional method of teaching and learning. So in this class, I would like to learn more about the classical and up-to-date technologies which will facilitate the English teaching and learning.

Have a nice day! Ciao!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, similar to the multimedia system in my college. Looking forward to your next post!~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Lesley,

    It seems that many of the full-time students from mainland China use the similar system! Hah-hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you said that CityU's blackboard system indeed has a lot of advantages but I still find it was quite confusing when I first came into contact with it, but as the launch of its new version, actually I'm quite looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To William,

    There will be brand new version of the blackborad in the near future? Great news! I'm looking forward to it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you are enthusiastic about Bb. George Siemens points out a lot of problems in the LMS concept - do you think he is right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i was in college, no such online blackboard discussions were used. therefore, i am much less familiar with technology as compared to you. anyhow, i have learnt a lot from christoph's courses. they mark the beginning of my exploration of technology.

    ReplyDelete